Warranty / Terms / Policies & Procedures
Click a link to see our Warranty, Terms of Sale, or Policies & Procedures
- Expressed Limited Warranty
- Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Policies & Procedures
EXPRESSED LIMITED WARRANTY
Limited Warranty. Subject to the exclusions and limitations contained herein,
KJB Security Products, Inc.(“KJB”), a Tennessee corporation, warrants all products sold by KJB (“Products”) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for from date of purchase by the ultimate consumer for the period of time set forth below (“Warranty Period”):
All Products except as specified below:
Ninety (90) Days
Covert/Hidden Video assembled by KJB
One (1) Year
Sleuth Gear Covert Video assembled by KJB
One (1) Year
One (1) Year
B-Stock Products (Used Returns, Refurbished & Remanufactured Products that are being resold)
Thirty (30) Days
This limited warranty is provided only to the person or entity that originally purchased the Product and only for Products delivered within the fifty (50) states of the United States, its possessions and territories or the District of Columbia. The customer’s sole and exclusive remedy and the entire liability of KJB under this Limited Warranty will be, at KJB’s option, to repair or replace the defective Product during the Warranty Period at no charge to the customer or to refund the actual purchase price paid to KJB. If it is impossible or impractical to replace a defective Product with an identical Product, such as at the end of a Product cycle or when an older version of a Product is no longer available, KJB may provide a replacement that is refurbished, remanufactured, and newer or a substantially equivalent version of the defective Product. Repaired or replaced Products or parts will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer, with the exception of B-Stock which is thirty (30) days, and are subject to the limitations and exclusions set forth in this limited warranty. If a defect is incapable of correction, or if KJB determines that is not practical to repair or replace the defective Product, the actual price paid by the original purchaser from KJB of the Product will be refunded by KJB upon return to KJB of the defective Product. Any Product or component of a Product that is replaced by KJB, or for which the purchase price is refunded, shall become the property of KJB upon replacement or refund.
Obtaining Warranty Service. To obtain warranty service or information please call:
KJB Security Products, Inc. Customer Service at (615) 620-1670
Or Email us at email@example.com
Before returning a defective Product the customer must first receive a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number from KJB. To obtain warranty service the customer will need to provide KJB with (1) Item Code of the defective Product, (2) the invoice number or purchase order number and (3) details of the Product defect. After a RMA number is issued, the Product must be packaged securely in the original or other suitable shipping package to ensure that it will not be damaged in transit, and the RMA number prominently marked on the outside of the package. The defective Product should then be returned to KJB Security Products, Inc., 841-B Fesslers Parkway, Nashville, Tennessee 37210. The customer is responsible for the cost of in-bound shipping to KJB. Products sent COD will be rejected. Products shall be insured by the customer, and KJB will not be responsible for any packages or Products that are lost or damaged in transit to KJB. Return shipments will be by a method substantially equivalent to the method by which the defective Product was shipped to KJB.
Advance Replacement Policy. If an initial Product (not a replacement) that is covered by this limited warranty is defective, the customer may request a replacement Product under KJB’s Advance Replacement Policy. The customer must, within the Warranty Period, notify KJB as provided for above under the “Obtaining Warranty Service” and specifically request a replacement under the Advance Replacement Policy. The customer’s account with KJB must be current and in good standing, customer’s whose terms are C.O.D. do not qualify for the Advance Replacement Policy. The customer’s request must be in written form, signed by an authorized representative and provide KJB with the item number of the defective product, a purchase order or invoice number, and a detailed description of the Product defect. If notice is received from the customer on or before thirty (30) days after the invoice date for the defective Product, KJB will send as a replacement for the defective Product an A-Stock (new, never sold) Product of equal or greater value and performance. If it is received later than thirty (30) days after the invoice date KJB reserves the right to send a replacement Product that is A-Stock or B-Stock, as determined by KJB in its sole discretion. The customer’s account will be charged for the total price, including shipping, when the Product is shipped. The customer must return the defective Product to KJB using the procedure described above under “Obtaining Warranty Service.” The customer will not receive credit for the defective Product until that Product is received and inspected by KJB. If the Product is determined by KJB to not be defective or is not covered under this Limited Warranty as described below under “What Is Not Covered” then KJB will return the Product to the customer at the customer’s expense, an administrative inspection fee will be charged and no credit will be due the customer.
What Is Not Covered. This limited warranty does not cover Products that in KJB’s judgment have damage resulting from any (i) deviation from Manufacturer\'s operating instructions as printed in Manufacturer\'s catalog or on any packaging, labels or other literature provided with a Product, (ii) installation of a Product in a manner which is inconsistent with Manufacturer\'s written instructions, (iii) alteration, modification of or tampering with a Product, (iv) misuse, (v) neglect, (vi) abuse, (vii) accident, (viii) power surge, static electricity or other electrical discharge, (ix) normal wear and tear, (x) commercial use, (xi) service by anyone other than a Manufacturer authorized repair facility, or (xii) other improper application, installation or operation of the Product. Or, (xiii) have been purchased from inventory clearance or liquidation sales or other sales in which KJB expressly disclaims its warranty obligation pertaining to the Product.
Disclaimer of Other Warranties. EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SPECIFIED HEREIN, THE PRODUCTS ARE SOLD WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A PRODUCT OR THE REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE AS PROVIDED FOR UNDER THIS EXPRESSED LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CUSTOMER AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. IN NO EVENT SHALL KJB BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF A PRODUCT, RELATING TO WARRANTY SERVICE, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACHOF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. EVEN IF KJB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Governing Law. This Limited Warranty shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Tennessee.
For warranty information on Products delivered outside the United States, please contact KJB Security Products, Inc. Customer Service at (615) 620-1370.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Effective September 1, 2002 The following terms and conditions, including those on the face hereof, constitute an Agreement between the Buyer and KJB Security Products, Inc. (Seller) and are referred to as such:
1. Controlling Provisions: The terms and conditions appearing on the instrument constitute the sole and entire Agreement of the parties regard¬less of the timing, for or content of other communications between the parties, if any, all of which are merged herein. If Buyer has previously made an offer to Seller, such offer is hereby rejected and the terms of this Agreement shall be deemed a counteroffer. This offer/counteroffer is expressly limited to the terms hereof. Seller objects to the inclusion of any different or additional terms, and non additional or conflicting provisions contained in any other communication from the Buyer will be considered an unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions appearing hereon, without regard to any additional or conflicting terms proposed by Buyer. None of the provisions of this Agreement may be varied, amended or modified except by a written agreement signed by all of the parties.
2. Prices, Taxes: Prices stated hereon are exclusive of taxes. Sales tax will be charged, where applicable, unless a certificate of exemption is on file with KJB Security Products, Inc.
3. Payment Terms: Net amount in full per terms as indicated on the invoice to those accounts with previously established credit lines. Purchase may, at Buyer’s option, be paid for with VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Other purchases are paid for by C.O.D. All new accounts are C.O.D. Cash or Credit Card until reviewed and approved by KJB Security Products, Inc. Past due accounts may have their credit lines reduced or suspended. Orders shipped to past due accounts will be shipped C.O.D. All overdue amounts will be added to the C.O.D. amount. Products not listed in the KJB Security Products, Inc. catalog are available on special order. A one-third (1/3) deposit may be required on special order items. Special orders cannot be cancelled or returned. A twenty-five dollar ($25.00) returned check charge to cover bank and handling fees will be as-sessed each and every time a check is returned for any reason by the financial institution. Payments for sales are to be mailed to KJB Security Prod-ucts, Inc., 841-B Fesslers Parkway, Nashville, TN 37210-2923.
4. Late Payment: Buyer agrees to pay 1-1/2% per month on all balances which are not paid within the invoice terms. Buyer will further pay attorney’s or collection fees of all accounts placed for collection, in addition to all expenses for collection.
5. Deliveries: Deliveries will be made within commercially reasonable time unless a specific delivery time is currently undetermined by the manufac-turer or supplier. All shipments are F.O.B. Shipping Point, unless otherwise indicated. Orders are shipped via the Small Parcel Carrier of KJB’s choice and, unless otherwise requested, via ground service. P.O. Box or APO addresses can only by shipped using the United States Postal Serv-ice. C.O.D. Shipments are available only via FedEx or UPS and to addresses which are attended at all times during the business day. The Buyer is responsible for being available for delivery with payment ready. If a C.O.D. order is refused or unclaimed, the Buyer will be billed for the expenses in-curred and agrees to reimburse KJB Security Products, Inc. promptly upon billing. All shipments are insured at Buyer’s expense.
6. In-Stock Status: At any given time, Seller’s strives to keep all items in its catalog in-stock for at once shipment. Most orders are shipped out within one (1) business day. Orders shipped Via USPS will ship on the following business day. Occasionally we have to back-order an item. Most back-orders ship within three (3) weeks, although some take longer due to limited production of certain highly specialized products.
7. Limitation on Warranties: All merchandise assembled by KJB Security Products, Inc. carries a one (1) Year Limited Warranty on parts and labor. All other merchandise distributed by KJB Security Products, Inc. carries a Ninety (90) Day Limited Warranty on parts and labor, these items may fur-ther be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, a copy of which is available to KJB Security Products, Inc. customers only. SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABIL-ITY. No agent, employee or representative of Seller’s are authorized to bind the Seller to any affirmation, representation, or warranty, oral or written, unless by separate written instrument designed by Seller, which by its terms state that it is included as part of this agreement.
8. Claims: Receipt of goods shall be deemed acceptance of the goods received. All claims for defective goods or revocation of acceptances, for shortages, for delays, or failures in shipment or delivery, or for any cause shall be deemed waived and released by the Buyer unless it is made in writ-ing within (7) days after receipt of goods. All claims must state specifically and in reasonable detail the nature of all objections, and must be accom-panied by delivery receipt or photocopy of the sales order or packing slip. Any delivery not placed in dispute in a timely manner shall be paid for by the Buyer and all uncontested amounts due shall be paid by the Buyer with terms specified. As a condition to making a claim for missing or damaged goods sent, the Customer is responsible for initiating and pursuing with the carrier.
9. Limitation on Seller’s Liability: Seller’s liability will be limited to replacement or repair of defective goods upon receipt of goods in a timely manner per paragraph six herein. In no event will Seller be liable for consequential or special damages or for transportation, installation, removal, adjustment or other expenses or losses which may arise in connection with the use or installation of the goods; late delivery, failure to deliver; or from any other cause. Notwithstanding the terms of this Agreement, if there should arise any liability of Seller, such liability shall be limited to an amount equal to one-half (1/2) the costs of the goods or $250.00, whichever is less.
10. Returned Material: Seller will accept most goods for exchange or credit, at the Seller’s discretion within 30 days of purchase date. In no case are goods to be returned without first obtaining Seller’s permission. Only unused goods as currently manufactured, in original unopened packaging and which has been paid for by Buyer in accordance with Seller’s payment terms will be considered, for exchange or credit upon receipt of proof of purchase. Special ordered items, obsolete items and items not in KJB Security Products, Inc. current catalog cannot be returned for credit. Material accepted for credit will be subject to a 15% restocking charge for service and handling. Seller will not be obliged to replace any product that has been abused, improperly installed or otherwise misused. Items must be returned in their original packaging, securely packed to reach the Seller without damage.
11. Audio Products: Some of the Product(s) purchased/sold by KJB Security Products, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “KJB) are subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Wire and Communications Act (18 United States Code §§ 2510-2522) (Act). The products include those with surreptitious listening devices. The uses of such products are regulated by the Act. Additionally, the laws of some states, counties, cities or localities may prohibit the possession and/or use of some of these products. Prior to submitting an order to KJB, it is the responsibility of the buyer to ascertain, understand, and obey any and all applicable local, state, and federal laws regarding possession and/or use of any KJB product, including listening devices. By purchasing from KJB, the buyer represents that it will indemnify KJB and hold KJB harmless for any possession, use and/or misuse that violates any federal, state or local law or regulation regarding listening devices. Buyer agrees to consult with an attorney at law regarding possession or appropriate use of a listening device. Note that laws and regulations vary from state to state. If Buyer exports any product purchased from KJB, it will comply with US export control laws and any applicable Department of Commerce, State and Treasury regulations governing exports and sales to prohibited end users. Diversion or re-export contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. Customers shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing the sale of KGB products, including US export control laws and Department of Commerce and Treasury regulations governing sales to prohibited end users. ALL OFFERS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
12. Indemnification: Buyer hereunder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Seller, Seller’s shareholders, directors, officers, employees, represen-tatives and agents (collectively, “Representatives”), all of Seller’s affiliates and all Representatives of all Seller’s affiliates from and against any and all lawsuits, losses, damages, actions, causes of action, governmental duties, charges, lines, penalties, costs, expenses or obligations of any kind or na-ture whatsoever (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs of defense) arising, relating to, or alleged to arise or relate to the actions or inactions of Buyer in connection with this Agreement and/or goods or services to be provided by Seller pursuant to this Agreement. This indemnification obli-gation shall survive termination, cancellation or completion of this Agreement.
13. Assignment: This Agreement may not be assigned by Buyer without the express written consent of Seller.
14. Governing Law: This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee.
15. Notice: Any notice or written document required or permitted to be given by Buyer or Seller to the other shall be in writing signed by the party giving such notice and sent to the other party at such other Party’s address set forth on the front of this Agreement (or such other address designated by the applicable party).
16. Severability: If any provision of this Agreement or the application thereof to any person(s) or entity(ies) or circumstance(s) shall be invalid or un-enforceable to provision, each such provision shall be enforced to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Policies & Procedures
Orders can be accepted by Fax: 615-620-1371, phone: 800-590-4272 or 615-620-1370 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org any time a PO number can be provided is helpful. KJB makes every reasonable effort to comply with customers purchase requirement. KJB makes every effort necessary to ensure timely delivery of products but from time to time we experience supply delays beyond our control. KJB will do our best to communicate supply issue in a timely manner and ask that customers work with us to ensure customers satisfaction.
KJB Dealer website login
You will be assigned a dealer login upon request at email@example.com. When you login you have access to many tool; user manuals, stock status, updated price sheet, tech data, firmware downloads, and images. Utilizing this tool can eliminate many tech calls and answer most questions. We encourage all our customers to visit often.
KJB Security Products sends out all drop ship packages Direct Signature Required and Insured (at KJB selling price) unless otherwise requested.
KJB offers a “Blind Drop Ship Service” to drop ship (sometimes referred as Third Party Shipping) any product for our customers. All FedEx or UPS orders received by 2:00 CST will be processed that day. USPS orders received will be processed the next business Day. The fee for Drop shipping is as follows; $3.00 per package for FedEx or UPS and $5.00 for USPS.
M.A.P. Pricing (minimum advertised price)
Certain items are subject to M.A.P. pricing. Purchase of these items will be considered an agreement to adhere to M.A.P pricing.
M.A.P Guidelines -M.A.P. policy covers all advertisements on the World Wide Web and print advertising. The M.A.P. policy applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer’s retail location or over the telephone. KJB dealers and distributors remain free to sell this product at any price they elect.
MAP policy applies to all advertisements of KJB’s products in any and all general media, including but not limited to: flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage, press releases, etc.
1) The following applies if a reseller chooses to sell KJB’s products on the internet:
(a) Resellers shall not display anyplace on their website a price for KJB’s product that is less than the MAP price. This includes any “click through“, “pop-up“, or “shopping cart“ links.
(b) Resellers may not link their website to any other site that displays prices for KJB’s products that are less than the MAP Price
(c) Resellers may not place ads on any third-party internet sitees such as portal sites, natural or paid search engine lisitings, shopping sites and auction sites, listing prices for KJB’s products that are less than the MAP Price, including banner advertisements.
(d) Terms and phrases similar to “sales price“ or “discounted price “ are acceptable as long as the listed price is not below MAP. Terms and phrases similar to “Call for price“ or “We offer the lowest price“ are also acceptable privided the printed, advertised price is not less than MAP.
(e) Electronic or verbal quotes privided in direct response to customer requests are not classified as “advertisements“ and therefore can contain discounted or sale pricing.
(f) Fro time to time KJB may engage in promotions with respect to certain products. In such events, KJB reserves the right to modify or suspend th eMAP and will notify all dealers of such change. KJB reserves the right to adjust MAP on products, at any time, without notice.
The MAP pricing does not establish maximum advertised pricing. All dealers and distributors may offer any KJB product at above MAP price. KJB’s M.A.P. program does not allow for these items to be an auction item on EBay. To distribute our products on Ebay: Use the “Buy it now” feature and set the price equal to or greater than the MAP price. No rebates of any kind are allowed under this program.
KJB Reserves the right to alter or suspend the MAP at any time allowing for increase in pricing or to promote sales.
Intentional and /or repeated failure to abide by this police will result in the following action:
1st offence - 14 days to correct pricing
2nd offence - 7 days to correct pricing and hold put on any pending shipments until rectified
3rd offence - Loss of preferred pricing resulting in immediate price increase on KJB MAP designated products to KJB Suggested List Price and all other items and products increased a minimum of 10%
KJB Security Products considers any item returned to our warehouse a “Return.” This includes unclaimed packages that were shipped to buyer and returned for any reason, i.e. signatories not available, not claimed, etc. KJB Security is not responsible for any error in our customer’s instructions. You must request a RMA number before returning any item.
All returns must have an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number
Products returned without an RMA may get lost in the process, thereby inhibiting us from crediting, repairing or replacing your return. Please follow these simple instructions so we can process your return quickly and effectively. KJB Security Products will not accept debits for merchandise, all merchandise must be returned and evaluated.
To request an RMA# please call or email our Customer Service Department. This will determine if you need to return the product, all returns are usually sent directly to our warehouse. Please ensure that the item is in its original condition (including: packaging, manuals, warranties, accessories, security seals, and shrink wrap). We must receive your item back within 20 days of when we issue the RMA. Please allow us 5 - 10 business days from the time we receive the item to process your return.
Note: merchandise returned with missing items are not eligible for a refund. For your protection, we recommend that all returns be sent back via traceable carrier. The customer must pay all costs related to return shipping. After receiving and inspecting the returned merchandise, we will determine the course of action; credit, repair or replacement. A 15% restocking fee may be applicable on any unused items
Non-Defective Returns: Require PRIOR approval and a valid RMA Number. AFTER you are given a RMA number, you may return most non-defective, un-used items for a refund of the product cost less a restocking fee of 15%. Shipping cost is non-refundable.
When requesting credit on items that are not defective we will issue an in house credit to your account to use towards your next purchase
Defective Returns: KJB stands behind all products sold. Items assembled by KJB Security products carry a Limited Warranty of One (1) Year. Merchandise distributed by KJB carry a Ninety Day (90) Limited Warranty. All warranty coverage starts from date of purchase by the ultimate customer. Proof of Purchase may be requested by KJB. See our Terms and Conditions of Sale for more information on KJB’s Limited Warranty. KJB will determine if the item is in fact defective upon receipt and inspection, at no time can any item be replaced before the item in question is returned and inspected. If the item shows signs of misuse, abuse or failure to follow instructions it will not be accepted for warranty consideration. Items returned, that are being claimed as defective or damaged, WILL BE SUBJECT to a 15% restocking fee if they are found to be in working order. Please insure your customers read the manual.
We can not accept the return of certain items for credit, including:
- Open or used products
- Special order products
- Fees for service performed or shipping
- Single use products such as pepper spray
- Custom built products such as Hidden cameras
- Activated GPS Tracking devices
- Counter-surveillance detectors
All Sales on the above listed items are final.
When you visit the Site or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
The following are KJB’s trademarks and service marks:
All other trademarks, product names, and company names and logos appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
YOUR ACCOUNT OBLIGATIONS
You will receive a password and account designation when you have completed the Account Information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Any conduct by you that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted. You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes. You are prohibited from posting on or transmitting through the Site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, fraudulent, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including but not limited to any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site.
You agree not to access the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by us for use in accessing the Site.
SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS
From time to time, we may offer and/or co-sponsor contests, sweepstakes, and games on the Site. Each of these activities shall be governed by specific rules accessible from the page offering the promotion.
You acknowledge that the Site contains information, data, software, photographs, graphics, videos, text, images, typefaces, sounds, and other material (collectively "Content") that are protected by copyrights, trademarks, or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereinafter developed. All Content is copyrighted as a collective work under the U.S. copyright laws, and we own a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of such Content. You may not modify, remove, delete, augment, add to, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part. If no specific restrictions are displayed, you may make copies of select portions of the Content, provided that the copies are made only for your personal, information and non-commercial use and that you do not alter or modify the Content in any way, and maintain any notices contained in the Content, such as all copyright notices, trademark legends, or other proprietary rights notices. Except as provided in the preceding sentence or as permitted by the fair use privilege under the U.S. copyright laws (see e.g. 17 U.S.C. Section 107), you may not upload, post, reproduce, or distribute in any way Content protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, without obtaining permission of the owner of the copyright or other proprietary right. In addition to the foregoing, use of any software Content shall be governed by the software license agreement accompanying such software, if any.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear at the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be accurate. We have attempted to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that the product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by the Site is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOOD WILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) THAT RESULT FROM (i) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The U.S. export control laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to certain foreign nationals. You agree to abide by these laws and their regulations – including but not limited to the Export Administration Act and the Arms Export Control Act and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any Content derived from the Site to either a foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of such laws.
We may elect to monitor areas of the Site by electronic or other means and may disclose any Content, records, or electronic communication of any kind (i) to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request; (ii) if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate the Site; or (iii) to protect our rights or property or the rights of the users, Sponsors, Providers, Licensors, or Merchants. We are not responsible for screening, policing, editing, or monitoring such Content. If notified of allegedly infringing, defamatory, damaging, illegal, or offensive Content, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove or to request the removal of such Content from the Site.
We may terminate your access, or suspend your access to all or part of the Site, without notice, for any conduct that we, in our sole discretion, believe is in violation of any applicable law or is harmful to the interests of another user, a third-party Provider, Merchant, Sponsor, Licensor, service provider, or us.
We reserve the right to cancel any order or part of an order, or refuse service to anyone for any reason. Such reasons may include, but are not limited to, unauthorized coupon use, product availability, price discrepancy or pricing error. We reserve the right to charge fees or extra shipping charges for any product that is backordered. We also reserve the right to change the terms of any offer or promotion at any time without notice. The posting of prices on our site is not an offer for sale of goods, and the order confirmation is not an acceptance of an offer to purchase goods. We cannot confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card or your account until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. The contract for sale of goods between us and any customer is not entered into until we charge a valid credit card or otherwise accept payment.
Please note that some items cannot be shipped to international addresses and or are otherwise restricted. Orders shipping to international addresses are subject to confirmation and verification before processing.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Occasionally, we may make available a link to a third party's web site. These links will let you leave the Site. The linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. We provide the links to you only as a convenience. We do not endorse the site or its use or contents.
We are pleased to hear from our customers and welcome your comments regarding our products and the Site. You may email comments, suggestions, or other material ("Submissions") as long as the content of your Submission is not unlawful, threatening, abusive, spiteful, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, profane, sexually explicit, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable or injurious to third parties (including, but not limited to, any content that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate applicable law). While you may omit your name from or use a “nickname” in your Submission, you may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your Submission. KJB reserves the right (but not the obligation) to monitor, edit and remove any Submission.
By posting or sending us any Submission, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Submission throughout the world in any media. You also grant KJB Security Products Inc. and its subsidiaries the right to use the name you post in connection with such Submission.
By posting or sending us a Submission, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content in your Submission, that the content you provide is accurate, and that use of the content in your Submission does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You agree to indemnify us against all claims and liabilities resulting from your Submission. We do not take any responsibility and assumes no liability for any Submission posted by you or any other person or entity.
We control the Site from our offices within the United States of America. We make no representation that the Content in the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating the Site, the services provided through the Site or the Content shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of Tennessee, without reference to its choice of law provisions. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Davidson County, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Taxable items that are shipped to customers in Tennessee are subject to tax at the appropriate state and local rate.
CUSTOMS FEES AND VAT (VALUE ADDED TAX)
If there are customs fees and VAT, they must be paid by you when the package reaches your destination country. KJB is not responsible for any sales taxes, VAT, customs duties or other taxes charged by your customs department. These charges are your responsibility and will vary from country to country.
We cannot determine these fees in advance. We recommend that you check with your local customs office or post office for details on how these charges are assessed and applied. You may also be able to find information about your country's VAT and Customs fees by searching websites on the Internet such as the United States Council for International Business. Please note that if your order has reached your country of destination and it is returned to us as Unclaimed or Refused due to VAT or customs fees imposed by your country, it can often take up to 6 months for us to receive, and we must receive the order back before we can issue you a refund.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Site where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached as follows:
KJB Security Products Inc.
841 Fesslers Parkway
Nashville, TN 37210
By phone: (615) 620-1370, By Fax: (615) 620-1371
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect
We recognize your right to confidentiality and are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information that we collect on our Web sites to provide you with a superior shopping experience and to communicate with you about products, services, and promotions.
When you place an order, we will ask you to set up "your account," which includes your name and e-mail address. Using your account information, we will send you communications that we believe are relevant to you, including newsletters and e-mails.
In connection with certain regulated products, such as covert video products that have audio functions, we may ask for additional information including final end user identity, their driver’s license or other government-issued identification, purchase orders, and other documents required to confirm compliance and we will use this information solely for purposes of complying with mandatory recordkeeping and other legal requirements.
Information Automatically Collected
We automatically receive and collect certain types of information whenever you visit our Web stores. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies" and Web beacons (described below) and obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Web sites. This information includes the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, geographic location as determined by your IP address, your browser software and operating system, your web server, the date and time you access our site, session information (such as download errors and page response times), information about your viewing, search and purchase history and information about the referring URL and the URL clickstream to, through, and from our Web sites. We use this information to monitor the usage and performance of our site, to enhance our customers' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
Information From Third Parties
If we receive updated account information from third parties, we may revise your account for you so that we can efficiently process your orders, deliver your packages or otherwise communicate with you. For example, we may receive customer information from our shippers or from third parties with which we operate co-branded businesses. In addition, we may acquire customer names, e-mail addresses, and mailing addresses for select mailings from third parties.
Other Information You Provide
We collect additional information that you choose to give us. For example, you provide information to us when you complete surveys or sweepstakes/contest entry forms, sign up for special discounts or coupons, communicate with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise, provide product reviews, or provide alternative delivery addresses.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We protect all of your information against unauthorized access or release. We share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- Business Transfers - We may buy or sell stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information is usually treated as one of the transferred business assets. Should KJB Security Products, Inc. sell substantially all of their assets, customer information will be one of the transferred business assets. In that event, we will post a notification on this page or send you an e-mail so that you are always aware of how we are using your information.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
When you place an order online, your personal information and credit card or debit card information are encrypted using SSL encryption technology before being sent over the Internet, We use SSL technology to prevent your information from being stolen or intercepted while being transferred to us and once we have received it. Your credit card information is always stored in encrypted form in a restricted-access database that is away from our Web site database so it is not connected to the Internet, to keep it safe from hackers. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Questions about the security of our website should be directed to: email@example.com
To personalize and enhance your browsing and shopping experience, we use a feature on your Internet browser called a cookie. Cookies are small files that your Web browser places on your computer's hard drive. Although we do not store personal information in cookies, we do tie cookies to a customer member ID which is then used to pull personal information out of the database for identification purposes. Cookies also let us know how you found us (e.g., through a particular web site or advertisement). Cookies are not used to access information entered on the secure server. This information can be accessed only when you enter your name and password. If you choose to configure your browser to remove or reject our cookies, you will not be able to make purchases from our Web stores or take advantage of many of our features, such as Your List™.
Unsolicited E-mail (SPAM)
Please note that all e-mail that originates from us will either display the KJB logo (HTML e-mails) or contain the KJB’s copyright notice (text emails). In addition, our e-mails will contain our corporate address in Nashville, Tennessee. If you receive an unsolicited e-mail that you believe is connected with us in any way, please forward the e-mail (as an enclosure) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our Web site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Linked Web Sites
Our Web stores may contain links to and from other sites operated and maintained by separate companies. We have no responsibility for linked Web sites (including the Web sites of participants in our associate program) and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors. The privacy policies of these sites may differ from our policy, so you should always review the privacy statement of each linked Web site you visit.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, request deletion, or deactivate it by emailing us at email@example.com. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
As long as your account is active, we will retain your information for the purpose of providing you with our services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We welcome your feedback. If you have questions or comments about our privacy policies, feel free to drop us an e-mail our webmaster or write us:
KJB Security Products, Inc.
841 Fesslers Parkway
Nashville, TN 37210
Last updated: August 23, 2012
Copyright © 2012 KJB Security Products, Inc. All rights reserved.